About Vallarai Kambu Laddu
- Vallarai kambu laddu is a sweet made using vallarai, pearl millet and jaggery.
- Since jaggery is used as a sweetening agent, the health benefit is high and is taste is also not compromised.
- Vallarai in vallarai kambu laddu is rich in Iron, Calcium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and minerals. It contains all the ingredients required for a healthy blood quality in the right proportions.
- It reduces stress and anxiety as it decreases the levels of cortisol, which is known as the stress hormone. Brahmi counteracts the effects of stress by regulating hormones involved with the stress response.
- It is known to rejuvenate the mind, enhance memory, improve concentration, and to directly influence the quality of consciousness. In fact, it is used to support meditation as they increase the clarity and subtlety of mind. It has a positive effect on the hippocampus part of the brain that is responsible for intelligence, concentration and memory.
- Vallarai is full of antioxidants that are essential for living a healthy life. A lot nutrients along with antioxidant compounds help increase the response time of our immune system against various diseases and ailments.
- Vallarai Keerai also cures the ulcerous condition of the liver and the stomach. Dry a bunch of Vallarai Keerai leaves under the sunshade and powder. Mix a spoonful in a cup of milk and drink before going to bed in the night. This will kill the worms in th digestion system.
- Kambu in vallarai kambu is a great source of B vitamins (B1, B2, folic acid, niacin) for placental growth in babies, that supplies energy and encourages the development of everybody parts of the baby. 28 grams a day of fiber is recommended during pregnancy to prevent constipation and hemorrhoids.
- The blood volume in the body will increase by 50% during pregnancy; iron helps such increased volume vital for the formation of blood cells and transportation of oxygen to blood cells. Adequate iron intake is must during pregnancy, most iron supplements are constipating but Kambu is good for digestion, cools the body and aids in blood building.
- The magnesium content in pearl millet plays a vital role along with vitamin D, B, and Calcium in bone and tissue development in the fetus well as the mother’s body and prevents leg cramps.
- The high amount of zinc in pearl millet fights anemia and increases hemoglobin level.