About Urad dal
- Urad dal is a lentil commonly used in Indian cuisine.
- It has a distinctive, earthy flavor and a creamy texture.
- It can be cooked with vegetables, in soups and stews, and is often used in Indian breads like roti.
- These creamy white lentils have a milder flavour than the whole Black Urad Dal. It is high in protein and very nutritious.
- Urad dal must be consumed to keep diabetes at bay. Due to its wonderful ability to control glucose levels, diabetic patients can safely have urad dal. Rich in fibre, it aids in monitoring the portion of nutrients which get absorbed by the digestive tract.
- Get ample dose of calcium, iron, vitamin B and other bone-building minerals from the daily intake of urad dal. You will get great bone mineral density, avert osteoporosis and enjoy excellent bone health.
- You can maintain a healthy cardiovascular system with the help of adequate intake of urad dal. Urad dal has a good amount of potassium that is meant to boost blood circulation, thereby eliminating chances of damage on the arterial walls. Enriched with the maximum amount of magnesium, fibre, urad dal can keep the cholesterol levels under check. Atherosclerosis is averted with the proper intake of urad dal.