- Turmeric is one of the best antiseptic ingredient.
- it is ground to a powder for using it in various cooking process.
- Turmeric whole is also used in making masala spice powders.
- It is also used in making face packs due to the curcumin presence in it.
- It has been used in India for thousands of years as both a spice and medicinal herb.
- Recently, science has started to back up Trusted Sourcetraditional claims that turmeric contains compounds with medicinal properties.
- The anti-inflammatory properties in Haldi have been instrumental in treating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis in Ayurveda. Antioxidants present in this spice work to destroy free radicals damaging the cells in the body. So, anyone with a chronic inflammatory disease or joint pain should consume Haldi daily it will ease the pain and provide relief.
- Haldi consists of a compound known as Aromatic turmerone, which repairs damaged brain stem cells. Damage to these stem cells is responsible for several neurodegenerative disorders, such as Alzheimer’s and stroke.
- Consumption of raw turmeric can boost metabolism and help to manage digestive disorders. The compounds present in Haldi trigger the gall bladder to secrete bile produced by the liver the bile helps in digestion more efficiently by processing fat.
- The natural anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties of haldi make it an effective disinfectant. So the next time you experience heartburn, an upset stomach or end up getting injured, try haldi for wound healing.
- Curcumin is one of the bioactive compounds in turmeric, it may be involved in improving the function of the tissues that line your blood vessels.