About Turmeric powder
- Turmeric powder is a bright yellow spice powder made from dried turmeric rhizomes.
- While its slightly peppery and warm flavour; vibrant colour; and preservative properties make it a great culinary ingredient.
- The presence of ‘curcumin’ makes is suitable for cosmetic and medicinal purposes too.
- Turmeric has a warm, bitter taste and is frequently used to flavor or color curry powders, mustards, butters, and cheeses.
- curcumin present in turmeric powder may be a more effective anti-inflammatory treatment than common inflammation-fighting medications such as ibuprofen (Advil) and aspirin.
- curcumin may help treat conditions like inflammatory bowel disease, pancreatitis, and arthritis
- curcumin may help protect against age-related loss of function and reduce your likelihood of developing heart disease.
- curcumin may help slow the spread of tumor cells and may even prevent tumors from forming in the first place.
- curcumin may be a safe and effective long-term treatment option for people with osteoarthritis (OA).
- curcumin may help treat and prevent diabetes, as well as associated disorders like diabetic nephropathy
- Turmeric may even help protect your brain against common degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Curcumin shows promise as a treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA), a chronic inflammatory disorder that commonly affects the joints but may spread to other areas, such as the eyes, lungs, skin, heart, and blood vessels.