About Thooya malli rice
- Thooya malli Rice is known for its fragrance.
- The rice is pure(thooymai) and looks like a small jasmine bud(malli) and hence got its name.
- Thooya malli is one of the least known varieties of rice that hold immense health benefits.
- It was indeed the favorite rice for many emperors in ancient times.
- Thooyamalli rice can be grinded after dried and can be used for making kozhukattai,Pongal, idli/dosa batter and other variety rice like tamarind rice, tomato rice, lemon rice, etc.
- Thooyamalli rice includes an excellent mix of protein, magnesium, calcium, iron, and zinc to regulate a balanced and nutritious diet. These grains are also packed with carbohydrates, which enables maintaining a healthy weight over time.
- Thooyamalli rice includes a lot of calcium and protein. It is usually prescribed to kids, pregnant and nursing women, and sportsmen. It is also thought to be a healthy fat that the body quickly burns due to its easy digestive process.
- This rice is beneficial to those who suffer from anaemia, bowel problems, and cognitive disorders. Once consumed, it reinforces the nerves, restricting the repetition of nerve-related problems.
- Thooyamalli Rice is a good choice for heart health. It contains antioxidants that help to protect the heart from damage caused by free radicals. It is also low in saturated fat, which can help to reduce the risk of heart disease.
- It helps in strengthening the internal organs and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- It is rich in vitamins hence it is good for skin and body.