- Suji or Rava, is a durum wheat product and a form of semolina.
- Suji is made by grinding husked wheat and is used in Indian cuisine to make savoury dishes such as rava dosa, rava idli, upma, khichdis.
- There are also sweet dishes made from it, take for example rava ladoo, and sujiji halwa in North Indian cuisine which is also known as rava kesari/ kesari bath in South Indian cuisine.
- Rava may be described as the residues of milled material, after the flour is ground in a flour mill (chakki).
- It is passed through a fine mesh till flour and rava are separated.
- Semolina is a great source of various nutrients and minerals.
- Boosts energy
- Keeps nervous system in good condition
- Improves heart health
- Keep bones stronger
- Prevents anaemia
- Improves kidney function
- Enhances immunity
- Good for digestive function
- Rava is extremely nutritious and provides high levels of various B vitamins, iron, protein, and fibre.
- Helps manage weight: Rava is rich in fibre which can help you digest food and keep you away from hunger pangs because it releases energy slowly.
- Improves kidney health: The potassium content in Rava can better the kidney health and function.
- Good for nervous system: Rava is a good source of phosphorus, zinc, and magnesium which are important for the proper functioning of nervous system.
- .Keeps the muscles healthy: Sufficient amounts of calcium and magnesium in Rava keeps your muscles stronger.
- Promotes immunity: Selenium, Vitamin B complex and Vitamin E present in semolina strengthen your immune system.