About mustard seeds
- The mustard seeds are small black round seeds from the mustard plants.
- The seeds are one of the main ingredients found in the Indian Kitchen.
- They are used for making tadka, adding it to the pickles etc.
It’s spicy, peppery flavor goes well with other pungent spices like garlic and chillies.
- It one of the oldest old spices, adds warmth and heat to your dishes.
- Mustard seeds have a plethora of health benefits and have been used for medicinal purposes for decades.
- The seeds are packed with compounds like glucosinolates and myrosinase, which prevent the growth of cancer-causing cells in the body.
- It is also effective when you are suffering from headaches and migraines.
- The seeds are packed with magnesium that soothes our nerve system and relieves the pain and strain in any different parts of our body.
- The seeds are packed with fiber, which helps in easy bowel movement and enhances the digestive power of the body.
- It helps to manage your cholesterol level and reduces bad cholesterol levels in the blood, which is necessary for your heart health.
- The seeds are also good for your bones as they are packed with a mineral called selenium, which makes your bones stronger.
- They also help to strengthen your nails, hair, and teeth.
- The seeds contain antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that help in relieving pain in the gum, bones, and teeth.