About millet rava upma
- Our multi millet rava upma is a mix of variour healthy millets.
- This multi millet rava upma mix consists of foxtail millet, little millet, kodo millet, banyard millet, urad dal, chana dal, ghee, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves, mustard, salt, hing, edible sunflower oil.
- The ingredients are fried and ground to a perfect consistency thus helping you prepare a tasty and healthy rava upma instantly.
- To prepare this tasty multi millet rava upma, measure 3 cups of water for 1 measure of this upma mix.
- In a kadai, boil the water till bubbles.
- Add the upma mix and stir for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once the upma is well cooked , close the kadai with a lid for about a minute.
- Optional- Add any prefered roasted vegetables(onions, carrots, beans, capsicum, tomato,peas,etc) before adding water to the kadai.
- Serve the upma hot with coconut chutney or sambar or Gosthu.
- Foxtail Millet is rich in Vitamin B12 which is essential for maintaining a healthy heart, smooth functioning of the nervous system, and in general good for skin and hair growth.
- A diet including Foxtail Millet may improve glycemic control and reduce insulin, cholesterol and fasting glucose in Type-2 diabetes patients.
- Foxtail Millet is rich in natural iron which helps reduce muscular spasms and eases out restless syndrome.
- Kodo millets are an impressive source of powerful antioxidants.
- Kodo millets not only keeps this vital organ healthy but also brings down the levels of bad cholesterol, regulate blood pressure, fight anxiety and keep you happy, all thanks to the presence of protein, dietary fibre and antioxidants.
- Barnyard millet is a good source of highly digestible protein and at the same time is least caloric dense compared to all other cereals.
- The carbohydrate content of barnyard millet is low and slowly digestible, making the barnyard millet a low glycemic index food.