About millet rice rava upma
- Our millet rice rava upma is an instant healthy mix with no added preservatives or colours .
- This millet rice rava upma mix consists of Barnyard millet, toor dal, urad dal, chana dal, ghee, red chillies, ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves, mustard, salt, hing, edible sunflower oil.
- The ingredients are fried and ground to a perfect consistency thus helping you prepare a tasty and healthy rava upma instantly.
- To prepare this tasty millet rice rava upma, measure 3 cups of water for 1 measure of this upma mix.
- In a kadai, boil the water till bubbles.
- Add the upma mix and stir for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once the upma is well cooked , close the kadai with a lid for about a minute.
- Optional- Add any prefered roasted vegetables(onions, carrots, beans, capsicum, tomato,peas,etc) before adding water to the kadai.
- Serve the upma hot with coconut chutney or sambar or Gosthu.
- Barnyard millet is a good source of highly digestible protein and at the same time is least caloric dense compared to all other cereals.
- The carbohydrate content of barnyard millet is low and slowly digestible, making the barnyard millet a low glycemic index food.
- It is an excellent source of dietary fiber with a good amount of both soluble and insoluble fractions.
- barnyard millet have shown to contain high amounts of iron (18.6 mg in 100g of raw millet) which was the richest amongst all millets and cereal grains. Barnyard millet could be a good source of iron for vegetarians.
- The barnyard millet is gluten-free. It is an appropriate food for patients who are intolerant to gluten (those with celiac disease) or looking to follow a gluten free lifestyle which eliminates wheat, barley, rye-based foods.