About Millet Porridge
- millet porridge recipe is a great alternative to your regular hot cereal and will leave you feeling satisfied.
- Our millet instant porridge mix is a healthy fix to our daily routine.
- The mix is ground powder with many healthy ingredients and no added preservatives or colours.
- Millet is a good source of protein, fiber, key vitamins, and minerals. The potential health benefits of millet porridge include protecting cardiovascular health, preventing the onset of diabetes, helping people achieve and maintain a healthy weight, and managing inflammation in the gut.
- Millet is rich in niacin, which helps your body manage more than 400 enzyme reactions.
- Millet, especially the darker varieties, is also an excellent source of beta-carotene. This natural pigment acts as both an antioxidant and as a precursor to vitamin A, helping your body fight off free radicals and supporting the health of your eyes.
- Millet is low in simple carbohydrates and higher in complex carbohydrates, making it a low-glycemicindex (GI) food. This means millet takes longer to digest than standard wheat flour. Low-GI foods can help keep your blood sugar from spiking after eating, which allows people with diabetes to manage their blood sugar levels more easily.
- Millet porridge is rich in dietary fiber, both soluble and insoluble. The insoluble fiber in millet is known as a prebiotic, which means it supports good bacteria in your digestive system. This type of fiber is also important for adding bulk to stools, which helps keep you regular and reduces your risk of colon cancer.