About Millet Dhal kichadi
- Millet dhal kichadi is a mix of various healthy millets and other spices in the right consistency without any added preservatives or colour making it natural and healthy.
- The ingredients would be: Barnyard millet, kodo millet, proso millet, Toor dal, chana dal, masoor dal, hing, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala powder, jeera, oil, ghee, vegetable oil, mustard, curry leaves, coriander leaves fried and ground in right proportion.
- To prepare this yummy Millet dhal kichadi, add 1 measure cup of millet dhal kichadi mix to 4 measure of water.
- Pressure cook it for 10 to 12 minutes, that is approx 5 to 7 whistles.
- Cool down to room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid.
- Mix with fresh chopped ginger, fried curry leaves and ghee according to your taste.
- Millet dhal kichadi is ready to serve with raita or curd and pickle.
- Proso millet is loaded with Lecithin which indirectly stimulates the nervous system and keeps it functioning smoothly.
- Proso millet contains Phytic acid which helps increase the good cholesterol (HDL) and lowers the Bad cholesterol (LDL) (Studies by Kyung-Ok PARK, Yoshiaki ITO et al).Also, Proso millet is loaded with magnesium, which is beneficial for a healthy heart.
- Kodo millet significantly reduces glycated haemoglobin levels, triggers production of liver glycogen, stimulating instant levels of energy in diabetics.
- Kodo millets are an impressive source of powerful antioxidants.
- Kodo millets not only keeps this vital organ healthy but also brings down the levels of bad cholesterol, regulate blood pressure, fight anxiety and keep you happy, all thanks to the presence of protein, dietary fibre and antioxidants.
- Barnyard millet is a good source of highly digestible protein and at the same time is least caloric dense compared to all other cereals.
- The carbohydrate content of barnyard millet is low and slowly digestible, making the barnyard millet a low glycemic index food.