About Millet adai upma
- Our multi millet adai upma is a mix of variour healthy millets.
- This millet adai upma mix consists of little millet, urad dal, chana dal, ghee, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves, mustard, salt, hing, edible sunflower oil.
- The ingredients are fried and ground to a perfect consistency thus helping you prepare a tasty and healthy rava upma instantly.
- To prepare this tasty millet adai upma, measure 3 cups of water for 1 measure of this upma mix.
- In a kadai, boil the water till bubbles.
- Add the upma mix and stir for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Once the upma is well cooked , close the kadai with a lid for about a minute.
- Optional- Add any prefered roasted vegetables(onions, carrots, beans, capsicum, tomato,peas,etc) before adding water to the kadai.
- Serve the upma hot with coconut chutney or sambar or Gosthu.
- Little Millet is rich in tannins, flavonoids which helps against diseases like diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, cataract, cancer, inflammation, Gastrointestinal problems and delay ageing too
- Little millet is known to be a low glycemic index food and also high in dietary fibre.
- Little millet is rich in Magnesium which helps improve heart health. It is also rich in Niacin which helps lower cholesterol.
- Little millet contains phosphorus which is great for weight loss, tissue repair and energy production after strenuous workout.
- Little millet is known to treat respiratory condition like Asthma.
- Samai is gluten free. It is an excellent alternative for those opting for gluten free diet or those with celiac disease/ gluten sensitive enteropathy.