ABout Mappillai Samba Rice
- Mappillai Samba Rice or commonly known as Bride-groom Rice is a variety of rice that is cultivated in Tamil Nadu.
- Its high nutritional value helps in physical and mental strength.
- The roots of its title can be directly traced to Tamil folk tales.
- Historically, many traditional sports needed a man to illustrate his courage and strength.
- Such games are managed to put all their muscular strength and endurance to the test.
- Such a game would be to carry the heavy rock in front of the whole, in which the newly married bridegroom was questioned to do so to prove his physical ability.
- This rice is obviously full of fibre, which assists the digestive process and helps clear the intestine. Also, it facilitates preventative measures of intestinal problems including bloating, diarrhoea, and stomach ulcers.
- It includes iron and vitamin supplements, which assist in the production of Red Blood Corpuscles that are crucial to our circulatory and respiratory features. Iron helps in the creation of myoglobin and haemoglobin. Myoglobin and haemoglobin transport oxygen to the muscles and tissue samples, maintaining the body energised.
- This rice is appropriately titled “Energy Rice”.Due to the obvious elevated manganese content of this rice, it quickly generates necessary energy. It also helps to develop and enhance muscle groups.
- Mappillai Samba rice is also significant in zinc. This facilitates the healing process and retains the body’s defence system functioning correctly. Iron and zinc attempt to raise haemoglobin levels in the body and enhance all capillaries.