About Kolluthipili Rasam
- Kolluthipili rasam is a combination of horse-gram (kollu) and long pepper ( thippili). The combination along with other spices and are fried and ground in the right consistency to prepare a very aromatic, tasty and healthy kolluthipili rasam, a traditional south Indian dish, generally served with rice.
- There is no added preservative or colours thus making it 100% natural and herbal.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, garlic.
- Add 1 litre of tamarind/tomato water, 2 teaspoons of kollu thippili rasam powder and salt as required. Boil for 3 to 5 minutes and serve hot.
- Kollu has been mentioned in ancient medicinal texts for curing asthma, bronchitis, urinary discharge, kidney stones, leukoderma (skin disease), heart diseases, etc.
- Along with that, this legume has diuretic and astringent properties.
- It is also highly beneficial for controlling fever and cholesterol levels.
- The seeds of horse gram have natural qualities that work as fat burners.
- It can reduce LDL cholesterol and increase HDL cholesterol.
- Thus, it promotes weight loss.
- Indian Long pepper has rejuvenating property and removes cold from the respiratory tract.
- Taking a quarter spoon of Thippili Powder or Pippali powder mixed with honey for 3 consecutive days shows immediate results.
- It can also be used in cooking and Thippili rasam is a south Indian dish famous for curing cold and cough.