About Kaikuthal Rice
- Kaikuthal Rice otherwise known as Handpound Rice is obtained by traditional way of hand pounding the sonamasuri rice.
- This method removes only the outer husk and retains the outer bran which is in brown color.
- This way it retains its mineral and other essential nutrients.
- this variant is better for wellbeing as compared to the machine-processed rice. The latter creates heat which robs the rice of its nutrition to an extent.
- A short grain low yield rice, this variant is dark brown in colour.
- The goodness is high on taste and comes with an alluring nutty aroma.
- It is also known to keep one fuller for longer.
- Though soft, it is chewier than other rice.
- Health enthusiasts will be glad to know that this wonder is packed with vitamins which puts it in the ‘superfood’ category.
- Hand Pound Rice( Kaikuthal Arisi) Brown Rice is a whole grain meal. It contains nutritious vitamin B, phosphorus, selenium, manganese, potassium and magnesium. It is also high in weight loss fibber and nutrients.
- Hand Pound Brown Rice contains selenium. Reduces the risk of developing colon cancer. This rice is high in fibber, which helps prevent cancer-causing chemicals from staying in the gastrointestinal tract. This can prevent colon cancer.
- Phytonutrients Lignan, the phytonutrient in hand Pound Brown rice, helps fight breast cancer and heart disease. A study conducted on older women has shown that eating whole grain foods, such as hand Pound Traditional rice, increases enterolactone levels and reduces the risk of breast cancer.
- The oil found in the bran of hand pound Brown rice is known to reduce body fat. This rice contains fibber which helps in reducing LDL cholesterol.
- Because it is high in fibber, hand Brown rice helps reduce the risk of heart disease. Hand pound Brown rice is high in fibber, which helps control the caloric content of the food and prevents over eating.
- Brown rice is rich in important vitamins and minerals that help boost the body’s immune system; It provides the body with the nutrients it needs and the power to fight infections.