About the product:
- Fennel seeds are spices harvested from one of several types of herb fennel plants.
- fennel seeds have a sweet and powerful flavour that is similar to the licorice
- They have high medicinal values.
- These fennel seeds are highly nutritious
- These seeds are low in calories but contains a lot of nutrients and minerals like manganese, which is important for enzyme activation, metabolism, cellular protection, bone development, blood sugar regulation etc.
- Potassium present in these seeds helps in regulating blood pressure.
- Saunf has been found to be highly effective in the treatment of asthma.
Anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties found in these seeds help clear the sinuses and relieve asthma symptoms by having a soothing effect on the throat and the airways.Low in calories but full of flavour, it is a useful ingredient to include in a weight management plan.
- There is evidence that potassium, calcium, and magnesium decrease blood pressure naturally. All of these are present in fennel.
- Calories: 25
- Carbs: 3 g
- Saunf is often used in Tadka or tempering of dishes and in pickles and chutneys.
- The seeds are chewed by many as an after-dinner ‘mint’ and can often be seen in Indian restaurants to take as a digestive on the way out.