- Cashews are one of the finest, rich and healthy dry fruits.
- Cashews are mild flavoured, sweet, creamy and rich in texture.
- Despite their richness, cashews are slightly lower in fat than most other nuts.
- Cashews provide an excellent source of protein.
- Cashews are cholesterol-free and a great supply of antioxidants that will keep you away from heart diseases.
- The fat content in cashew nuts is low.
- Raw broken cashew pieces are ideal for cooking and baking.
- They can be added to kheer, ice creams, cakes and even salads.
Health Benefits of cashews
- Cashews are especially rich in unsaturated fats a category of fats linked to a lower risk of premature death and heart disease
- They are also low in sugar, a source of fiber, and contain almost the same amount of protein as an equivalent quantity of cooked meat.
- Cashews contain a significant amount of copper, a mineral essential for energy production, healthy brain development, and a strong immune system.
- They are also a great source of magnesium and manganese, nutrients important for bone health
- cashews may promote weight loss, blood sugar control, and heart health. However, there’s less research on cashews than on other nuts.
- These nuts are also a modest source of protein