About Jaggery Powder
- Jaggery powder is made from the sap of sugarcane that contains high amounts of sucrose.
- It is a delicious sweetener that can be used to replace the sugar in a lot of foods.
- It can be stored in the form of blocks or powder which can be later mixed into a food item.
- Traditional Jaggery is unrefined and non-distilled, so no chemicals are used in making it and all the nutrients like magnesium, iron, calcium, and phosphorus are retained.
- Rich brown or golden in colour, Jaggery tastes like something between a rich molasses and caramel toffee.
- Although there are several types, the most popular and highly consumed form of Jaggery is obtained from sugarcane.
- Unlike sugar, which has a granular texture, jaggery is generally formed into a semisolid mass.
- Unlike sugar which is a simple carbohydrate which gets easily absorbed in the bloodstream and provides an instant boost of energy, jaggery is a complex carbs that slows down the release of the energy and spreads it over a period of time. It prevents fatigue and weakness in the body and also prevents your organs from damaging.
- Jaggery is rich in selenium and zinc that prevents free radical damage and builds resistance against various infections. It also helps in increasing the total count of haemoglobin in the blood.
- Jaggery is a natural cleanser that will help you to detoxify your liver. Hence if you are suffering from liver related problems then you should start including jaggery in your diet.
- Organic jaggery powder has all the medical properties required to fight the allergic asthma, sore throat, and lung infection. Ayurveda considers jaggery as a remedy for a lot of respiratory problems too.
- Consumption of jaggery powder daily in moderate amounts can help in purification of your blood. It helps flush out the toxins from your body and cleanses your body off all the toxins.
- Jaggery is one of the best cleansing agents for the body and hence it is advised to consume jaggery after meals. Eating it can help remove the harmful toxins from your body such as the intestines, stomach, food pipe, and lungs.
- Jaggery powder is rich in antioxidants such as thiamine (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B1), niacin, flavonoids, phenolicacids, and caffeic acids which helps in increasing the immunity of your body and while keeps some kinds of cancer at bay.